For your first experience at our studio, you may choose to review our helpful hints for yoga etiquette for beginners’.
2. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before class to sign in and get settled. We understand lateness sometimes happens so try to enter the yoga room as respectfully as possible.
3. Please turn off cell phones or any other electronic devices.
4. Please refrain from wearing cologne or perfume. Some smells can be too much for some people especially when breathing as deeply as we do during a yoga class.
5. Please remove your shoes before entering our yoga room as a way of respecting the ancient tradition of the East and to provide a clean environment in which to practice.
6. Please bring a towel if you think you need one for a) sweat or b) slippery mats!
7. Please be considerate of students in class by keeping your voice down around the studio when a class is in session.
8. Please keep the yoga room tidy during class by placing all personal belongings (wallets etc) in the closet provided inside the yoga room or in the waiting room area.
9. Listen to your body, pushing yourself beyond comfort and pain is not part of any yoga practice. Remember, yoga is not a competitive practice – instead it is a practice.
10. Try not to eat at least 2 hours before your practice. You will enjoy your practice much more!
11. Please bring your own mat and yogitoes. One good reason is that it is more sanitary to use your own mat and towels. Some classes will cause you to sweat. We do provide mats and towels but remember they are shared. They are washed and sanitized.
12. Savasana is a part of a yoga class too! Please stay until the end of final relaxation. If you need to leave early, inform your teacher, position yourself near one of our two exits, and leave as respectfully as possibly.
13. If you have used any props please put them away properly. If you have sweated and used our mats, please wipe them down with our towels. Wipe off any sweat or debris.
14. Let your teacher know about any injuries or health conditions before class begins. If you are new to yoga, this is important in helping make your practice safer and more enjoyable.
15. Smile!!! Be playful!! Enjoy your practice and take it out into the world with you.